Please read the following important information regarding funds raelated to this article.
This document is intended solely for the use of professionals and is not for general public distribution.
Past performance is not a guide to future performance. The value of an investment and the income from it can fall as well as rise and you may not get back the amount originally invested. Tax assumptions and reliefs depend upon an investor’s particular circumstances and may change if those circumstances or the law change.
If you invest through a third party provider you are advised to consult them directly as charges, performance and terms and conditions may differ materially.
Nothing in this document is intended to or should be construed as advice. This document is not a recommendation to sell or purchase any investment. It does not form part of any contract for the sale or purchase of any investment.
Any investment application will be made solely on the basis of the information contained in the Prospectus (including all relevant covering documents), which will contain investment restrictions. This document is intended as a summary only and potential investors must read the prospectus, and where relevant, the key investor information document before investing. Copies of the Fund’s prospectus and key investor information document are available in English, French, German, and Italian. Articles of incorporation, annual and semi-annual reports are available in English. All of these documents can be obtained free of cost from Janus Henderson Investors registered office: 201 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 3AE.
Issued in the UK by Janus Henderson Investors. Janus Henderson Investors is the name under which investment products and services are provided by Janus Capital International Limited (reg no. 3594615), Henderson Global Investors Limited (reg. no. 906355), Henderson Investment Funds Limited (reg. no. 2678531), AlphaGen Capital Limited (reg. no. 962757), Henderson Equity Partners Limited (reg. no.2606646), (each registered in England and Wales at 201 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 3AE and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority) and Henderson Management S.A. (reg no. B22848 at 2 Rue de Bitbourg, L-1273, Luxembourg and regulated by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier). We may record telephone calls for our mutual protection, to improve customer service and for regulatory record keeping purposes.
- The Fund could lose money if a counterparty with which it trades becomes unwilling or unable to meet its obligations to the Fund.
- If the Fund or a specific share class of the Fund seeks to reduce risks (such as exchange rate movements), the measures designed to do so may be ineffective, unavailable or detrimental.
- The Fund's value may fall where it has concentrated exposure to a particular industry that is heavily affected by an adverse event.
- This fund is designed to be used only as one component in several in a diversified investment portfolio. Investors should consider carefully the proportion of their portfolio invested into this fund.
- If a Fund has a high exposure to a particular country or geographical region it carries a higher level of risk than a Fund which is more broadly diversified.
- The Fund may use derivatives with the aim of reducing risk or managing the portfolio more efficiently. However this introduces other risks, in particular, that a derivative counterparty may not meet its contractual obligations.
- This Fund is dual priced. The price at which you buy shares/units in the fund will incorporate the transaction costs incurred in buying physical properties. When you sell shares/units in the Fund the price you sell at incorporates the transaction costs incurred in selling physical properties. The difference between these prices is called the ‘spread'. This spread is currently c. 5% and reflects the high transaction costs of buying and selling commercial property. Typically the buying price of an individual commercial property can be 7-8% higher than the selling price. The spread of the Fund is not fixed and may vary over time depending on the composition of the Fund.
- Valuations are determined by independent property experts. The valuation of property is generally a matter of valuer's opinion. The amount raised when a property is sold may be less than the valuation.
- The Fund contains assets which may be hard to value or sell at the time and price intended. In particular, property investments may take a considerable time to sell. When many investors want to sell their shares, the Fund may have to delay processing requests so that certain assets or properties can be sold first. This is known as deferring redemptions.
- Tenants in the Fund's properties may become unable to pay their rent. As a result, the Fund's income may be impacted and further costs incurred.
- Some or all of the Annual Management Charge and other costs of the Fund may be taken from capital, which may erode capital or reduce potential for capital growth.