Hamish Chamberlayne, investment manager for Janus Henderson's global sustainable equity strategy, explains why climate change remains the biggest investment issue of our lifetime. He argues that market forces will drive the transition to a low carbon economy, and will not be derailed by Trump’s political agenda.
- The overwhelming scientific consensus is: climate change is real and human activity is the main cause
- The world community must decarbonise now to limit dangerous global warming
- With the Paris Accord now ratified, investors must fully understand the consequences that ‘unburnable carbon’ could have on their investments
- Market forces will drive the transition to a low carbon economy: renewables costs are falling and technologies are advancing rapidly
- His team sees up to £5 trillion of MSCI World market capitalisation at risk of disruption, as this transition will impact multiple sectors
Please click on the link to access the document.