ABOUT THIS STRATEGY
A global high yield strategy that actively seeks to generate competitive risk-adjusted returns, principally through strong security selection combined with a focus on top-down beta management. The strategy adopts a research-first mentality on both macro and security selection risks.
Repeatable, active approach
- Active management of beta and portfolio composition focused on taking the right amount of risk throughout the cycle.
- Categorisation of risk and return characteristics of each security in portfolios.
- Analysts cover issuers across the full capital structure and are ESG considered, ensuring a complete picture of fundamentals.
- Co-ownership of risk exists between portfolio managers and our analysts.
- One team across two investment centres with co-portfolio managers in London and Denver.
- Integrated global research team, pursuing the best risk-adjusted return opportunities irrespective of issuer domicile.
Robust risk management
- Minimise downside risk and emotional bias through a stop-loss process.
- Utilisation of off benchmark sectors to diversify risk across sectors, quality, capital structure, and economic sensitivity.