Group plans to register a further fourteen existing funds under Article 8 as part of phased EU SFDR implementation programme
Janus Henderson is announcing that a further fourteen funds will be classified as Article 8 funds under the EU Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR) as of 31 October 2022.
The following Luxembourg-domiciled and Ireland-domiciled funds will be classified as Article 8 and consider select Principal Adverse Impacts at fund level (“PAI”):
- Janus Henderson Continental European Fund
- Janus Henderson Pan European Fund
- Janus Henderson Pan European Small and Mid-Cap Fund
- Janus Henderson Horizon Asia-Pacific Property Income Fund
- Janus Henderson Horizon Pan European Property Equities Fund
- Janus Henderson Horizon Pan European Smaller Companies Fund
- Janus Henderson Horizon Global Property Equities Fund
- Janus Henderson Horizon European Growth Fund
- Janus Henderson Horizon Euroland Fund
- Janus Henderson Horizon Global High Yield Bond Fund
- Janus Henderson Horizon Total Return Bond Fund
- Janus Henderson Global Investment Grade Bond Fund
- Janus Henderson Global Real Estate Equity Income Fund
- Janus Henderson Global Equity Market Neutral Fund (PAI will not be considered for this fund)
Ignacio de la Maza, Head of EMEA Intermediary & LatAm, said:
“As of 31 October 2022, more than 90% of the total AUM* in our Luxemburg SICAV range will be Article 8 or Article 9; this is in line with our expectations when we announced the last phase of conversions in January this year. These developments have continued to be led by the needs of our clients who told us that it was crucial for them to have more choice to invest in funds with environmental and social characteristics and we are delighted to have these additional funds classified as article 8. We remain connected to our clients, listening to their needs, understanding their priorities and delivering solutions to meet these needs.”
*Data from Janus Henderson Investors
The firm announced in January 2022 that it had converted eight funds to Article 8, this next phase brings the total number of Article 8 funds to 23. This is in addition to the firm’s existing three article 9 funds which include the Janus Henderson Horizon Sustainable Future Technologies Fund and the Janus Henderson Horizon US Sustainable Equity Fund which both launched a year ago, and the Janus Henderson Horizon Global Sustainable Equity Fund which reached its three year anniversary in May 2022 and whose strategy celebrated its thirtieth year trading in 2021.
Alex Crooke, Co-Head of Equities for EMEA and Asia Pacific, said:
“We continue to develop and expand our product range in line with client demand for funds with environmental and social characteristics. Measures like SFDR allow investors to see the contribution of ESG factors to the success of a fund and offer clients further opportunities to invest towards a more sustainable world. We are continuing to assess funds for categorisation and further products will be launched or repositioned as client demand increases.”
Janus Henderson Investors
Director of Media Relations
Janus Henderson Investors, 201 Bishopsgate, London, EC2M 3AE
M +44 207 818 2511
Notes to editors
Janus Henderson Group is a leading global active asset manager dedicated to helping investors achieve long-term financial goals through a broad range of investment solutions, including equities, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative asset class strategies.
At 30 June 2022, Janus Henderson had approximately US$300 billion in assets under management, more than 2,000 employees, and offices in 23 cities worldwide. Headquartered in London, the company is listed on the NYSE and the ASX.
Source: Janus Henderson Group plc