Global Natural Resources
Investing across the entire global natural resources supply chain
A world of opportunities
The long-term trends of increasing population, prosperity and urbanisation, particularly among developing economies, are leading to rising global consumption growth rates of natural resource minerals, energy and food. We believe that these long-term demand drivers, combined with constrained supply, mean the importance of natural resource equities relative to other sectors will continue to grow.
While Australia is fortunate to be home to two of the largest players in natural resources, BHP and Rio Tinto, the reality is that these companies only represent a small portion of the global natural resources investment opportunity – the global resource investment universe is actually 24 times the size of the Australian resources market and six times the size of the Australian stock market1.
1. Source: Janus Henderson Investors, Bloomberg. As at 30 April 2018. Note: Based upon Janus Henderson Investors view of core natural resources; mining, energy and agriculture across the value chain, companies > AUD$1billion market capitalisation.
Jordan Tang, Head of Retail Distribution, interviews Daniel Sullivan, Head of Global Natural Resources, about the Janus Henderson Global Natural Resources Fund.
Views as at 24 January 2020. Fund positioning and performance as at 31 December 2019.
The Janus Henderson Global Natural Resources Fund is a high conviction equity portfolio invested across mining, energy and agriculture companies. A global investment approach broadens the scale and range of the natural resources investment universe and also improves the chance of early identification of profitable resource investment trends and pricing inefficiencies across global markets.
The Fund has the flexibility to move across the resource supply chain including the production, extraction, exploration, processing, distribution and transportation of natural resources or the provision of services to the industry. The broader natural resource approach means the Fund can take advantage of pricing shifts between upstream and downstream sectors and across a range of commodities.
- Robust investment philosophy focused on quality companies, rather than selecting companies based on relative index weightings
- Flexibility to move across the resource supply chain of mining, energy and agriculture
- Specialist global natural resource investment team with stock market experience combined with geological and industry expertise
- Increased diversification and reduced volatility through a unique portfolio of mining, energy and agriculture stocks
Natural resources aren’t just mined from the ground, there are vast investment opportunities across all three subsectors - Mining, Energy and Agriculture, including upstream, midstream and downstream businesses.”
Daniel Sullivan, Head of Global Natural Resources
All investments carry risk. The risk of investing in the Janus Henderson Global Natural Resources Fund are disclosed in section 4 of the Product Disclosure Statement.
About the fund
HOW TO INVEST
|Inception date||1 July 2012|
|Benchmark||S&P Global Natural Resources Index (net dividends reinvested) in AUD|
|Minimum initial investment||$25,000|
|Management fee||1.10% p.a.|
|Buy/Sell spread||0.21% / 0.21%|
|Unit pricing frequency||Daily|
|Income distribution||Annually (if any)|
- AMP North/MyNorth
- AMP Personalised Portfolio
- BT Wrap
- BT Panorama
- Colonial First Choice
- Colonial FirstWrap
- Macquarie Wrap
- Power Wrap