Fraud and security information
Janus Henderson Investors’ fraud prevention
Janus Henderson Investors takes information security very seriously and employs various measures, both automated and manual, to ensure the security and safety of your personal and account information. The information below will help you to take steps to further protect yourself.
When you receive correspondence about your investment, it is worth taking some time to determine whether it is genuine. Letters and emails from fraudsters may contain spelling errors or poor grammar. In addition to this, fraudsters often create fraudulent email domains that resemble real ones. This typically happens by replacing or removing characters, for example:
Before clicking or opening a link or attachment in an email or responding to the correspondence always check the sender’s address and/or any links to ensure they are correct.
Fraudsters often use Janus Henderson Investors branding and logos on correspondence, webpages, and social media accounts that they have created to try and appear as being genuine. Fraudulent domains, contact details, and other information may be used to impersonate Janus Henderson Investors. Always double check they are legitimate before interacting with them.
To keep your account safe, we strongly advise that you establish whether any contact you have with us via phone, email, post, or other means is with a genuine representative of Janus Henderson Investors. It is important that you do not share any information with someone you do not believe to be a representative of Janus Henderson Investors. Never give your password to anyone. Janus Henderson Investors will never ask for this information.
Contact us if you are concerned
Please be aware that fraudsters can impersonate display names on phones claiming to be calling from legitimate businesses, so if you believe the call to be fraudulent, hang up and call Janus Henderson Investors on the contact details displayed on our website. If you are unsure that the person calling you is genuine, please call International: +44 1268 443 914 or UK: 0800 832 832, referencing the caller’s name or any other details they may have provided. Janus Henderson Investors will never cold call investors or members of the public about investment opportunities.
If you are concerned that a fraudster maybe impersonating Janus Henderson Investors, has knowledge, or has gained knowledge, of your personal information or account details, please call International: +44 1268 443 914 or UK: 0800 832 832.
Types of fraud
Fraudsters use a variety of tactics and are always looking for new ways to extract personal information to access investments. We advise you to be alert to any contact that appears to be unprompted, overly intrusive, or otherwise suspicious.
Common methods used by fraudsters include:
- Impersonating, cloning, or otherwise claiming to represent Janus Henderson Investors - variations of a company’s name are often used by fraudsters, and they may encourage you to visit malicious sites or mobile applications. It is important that you carefully check any correspondence you receive.
- Phishing/Smishing - a method of sending malicious emails or messages to a potential victim with the aim of extracting information. A fraudster will ask questions to obtain certain details needed to access an investment account. Some phishing attempts will try to dupe a potential victim into clicking a weblink that downloads harmful software. To appear genuine, this is often paired with impersonation as described above. If an email or link appears suspicious, do not open it.
- Advance Fee - a fraudster will claim to hold money that can only be accessed after an upfront payment, sometimes stating this is a processing fee. The fraudster may claim they have identified lost assets owed to you, such as an inheritance or unclaimed investments. Janus Henderson Investors will not ask for upfront payments for money due to its investors or clients, and any requests for such will be fraudulent.
- Boiler Room - a fraudster will try to sell questionable or non-existent investments and will employ high-pressure sales tactics to do so. Janus Henderson Investors does not conduct its business this way and will never try to force sales of its products.
- Employment Scams - fraudsters might impersonate Janus Henderson Investors employees, contacting individuals via fake social media profiles with an offer of potential employment. Such scams might include a request to purchase equipment on fraudulent websites with a promise to send a cheque as reimbursement.
If you believe you have been contacted fraudulently, again please call International: +44 1268 443 914 or UK: 0800 832 832. Lines are open from 9:00am to 5:30pm UK time (Monday to Friday).