Watch the investment team recap this quarter.
Note: Filmed in May 2022
DEFINING CHARACTERISTICS OF OUR STRATEGY
- UK-based team of sector experts with over 80 years’ combined industry experience navigating the hype cycle of technology.
- Positive screening of sustainable technology themes providing solutions to key global environmental and social challenges.
- Negative screening to avoid investing in companies with goods or services that contribute to environmental or societal harm.
- Disciplined valuation approach seeks to identify underappreciated earnings power and rational growth at a reasonable price.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- We believe technology is the science of solving problems and responsible innovation and disruption can be a positive force.
- Our deep knowledge and extensive experience enables us to navigate the technology hype cycle to identify persistent, underappreciated growth opportunities that provide solutions to the global challenges faced by humanity – technology for good.
- We believe this approach will provide clients with positive environmental and social benefits from the development of a sustainable global economy, as well as the potential for attractive long-term returns.
The Fund aims to provide capital growth over the long term (5 years or more) by investing in technology-related companies that contribute to the development of a sustainable global economy.
The Fund invests at least 90% of its assets in shares (equities) or equity-related securities of technology-related companies, whose products and services are considered by the Investment Manager as contributing to positive environmental or social change, thereby having an impact on the development of a sustainable global economy. The Fund’s investment universe is defined by technology-related companies that derive at least 50% of their current or future expected revenues from the sustainable technology themes identified by the Investment Manager (as further outlined in Investment Strategy section). The Fund will avoid investing in companies that the Investment Manager considers could contribute to significant environmental or societal harm.
The Fund may also invest in other assets including investment grade government bonds, cash and money market instruments.
The investment manager may use derivatives to reduce risk or to manage the Fund more efficiently.
The Fund is actively managed with reference to the MSCI ACWI Information Technology Index, which is broadly representative of the companies in which it may invest, as this can provide a useful comparator for assessing the Fund’s performance. The Investment Manager has discretion to choose investments for the Fund with weightings different to the index or not in the index, but at times the Fund may hold investments similar to the index.
The value of an investment and the income from it can fall as well as rise as a result of market and currency fluctuations and you may not get back the amount originally invested.
Potential investors must read the prospectus, and where relevant, the key investor information document before investing.
This website is a Marketing Communication and does not qualify as an investment recommendation.