ABOUT THIS STRATEGY
Countries and corporations in emerging markets are at different stages of economic and political development and make choices that create significant opportunities and risks. We believe that investing in companies at the intersection of attractive country, governance and fundamental analysis enable us to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns.
All-cap, style-agnostic portfolio
- Seeks to identify the most compelling opportunities across countries and regimes in various stages of economic and political development
- We broaden the investable universe by looking outside of the index and diluting state-owned enterprises (SOEs) to create a pool of best ideas
Robust approach focusing on the intersection of country, governance and fundamental analysis
- Investment ideas exhibit an improving direction of travel in country, governance or fundamental analysis.
- Governance is a crucial factor of our investment process. In our view, controlling shareholders often do not oversee the company in a manner that would benefit all shareholders and not all political regimes provide predictable rule of law
Disciplined portfolio construction
- Stock selection is intended to be the primary driver of alpha
- We look to understand a stock’s range of possible outcomes and overall risk contribution to determine portfolio positioning