Our Defined Contribution in Review is designed to help CEOs, CFOs, treasurers, human resource and benefits professionals and investment committees stay abreast of recent events that could have an impact on plans or plan participants. Inside you will find quarterly highlights, timely insights about the retirement readiness of plan participants, a summary of new and pending legislation, news from the DOL and other regulatory bodies, updates on ERISA cases and a brief synopsis of global retirement issues.
Key topics from this quarter’s edition:
- Innovative ideas and best practices from P&I’s 2020 Excellence and Innovation Award recipients
- Understanding the pandemic’s impact on retirement plans and participant confidence
- Bipartisan support for SECURE 2.0 and new policy proposals for ESG in retirement plans
- New IRS life expectancy tables and final rules from the DOL on ESG investing
- The latest in new, settled and dismissed excessive fee lawsuits
- Outcomes of the Australian climate change lawsuit settlement
Be in the Know
Subscribe to receive Top DC Trends and Developments quarterly to stay up to date on the latest news in the DC marketplace.
2020 Plan Investment Trends
Plan fiduciaries have long understood the need for a diversified portfolio. However, fixed income has received neither the attention nor prominence of equities in most defined contribution menus. Research shows most plans offer three times as many equity options as fixed income options.
Invests in both core and plus sectors of the fixed income market seeking to generate higher returns than traditional core plus portfolios without a substantial increase in volatility or risk.
By focusing on companies that have a positive impact on the environment and society, our low-carbon investment approach aims to deliver compounding growth and attractive investment returns.
For 25 years, this dynamic allocation strategy has delivered our equity and fixed income expertise in a one-stop core solution.
Investing across a wide range of fixed income securities, the Fund seeks income and total return while actively managing duration and credit exposure.