The Fund aims to achieve a positive absolute return over the long term regardless of market conditions, though a positive absolute return is not guaranteed over any time period.
The Fund will typically invest at least 60% of its total assets, by taking long and short positions, in equities or equity related derivative contracts of:
- companies having their registered office in the United Kingdom; and
- companies that do not have their registered office in the United Kingdom but either (i) carry out a predominant proportion of their business activity in these markets, or (ii) are holding companies which predominantly own companies with registered offices in the United Kingdom, or (iii) are listed on the London Stock Exchange.
In addition, in seeking to implement the Fund's investment strategy, manage market exposure and ensure that the Fund remains sufficiently liquid to cover obligations arising from its derivative positions, a substantial proportion of the Fund’s assets may at any time consist of cash, near cash, deposits and/or Money Market Instruments. The Fund will invest in companies of any market capitalisation.
Long positions may be held through a combination of direct investment and/or derivative instruments, and short positions will be held through derivative positions, including but not limited to swaps and futures. The use of derivatives forms an important part of the investment strategy.
The Fund may also invest at the Investment Manager’s discretion in other Transferable Securities, derivative instruments and collective investment schemes.
The value of an investment and the income from it can fall as well as rise as a result of market and currency fluctuations and you may not get back the amount originally invested.
Potential investors must read the prospectus, and where relevant, the key investor information document before investing.
This website is for promotional purposes and does not qualify as an investment recommendation.
ABOUT THIS FUND
- Targets absolute returns regardless of market direction with carefully monitored exposure to the stock market
- Experienced team with time-tested approach through market cycles; supported by the wider Pan-European equities team
- The fund aims to enhance the overall risk/return characteristics of a balanced portfolio, with a key focus on preserving capital